Whether you are serving in the military or just want a good tactical bag for your weekend excursions, you will probably realize that there are a bunch of options to choose from. The number of options may make the choice difficult and may be a little stressful.
That’s why we thought that we would develop a list of attributes and dig through the options until we found five of the best military backpacks available today. This list of features includes the following:
Using these five attributes, we chose the models below to take a more in-depth look at. Hopefully, after reading these reviews you will be able to find the perfect military backpack for you and your needs.
Best Military Backpacks Reviews
CVLIFE Tactical Backpack
Our first military backpack comes from CVLIFE and is fitted with tons of extra features that make it one of the best options on the market today.
- Crafted with 600D oxford fabric
- Accessories included (x3 MOLLE pouches)
- Capacity: 50L – 60L
- Dual-density vented shoulder stars
- Weight – 3.9 lbs.
- Rain flap included
- Hydration bladder compatible
There is a lot to love about this military backpack from CVLIFE. It is designed using high-quality nylon. This gives it a great level of durability and also helps add some water resistance. Along with the fabric, the bag is built with multiple internal layers so that your belongings are more secure than ever.
The backpack also has extra padding in the shoulder straps, so the weight of the load is distributed better, and it is more comfortable to wear for long treks. That, along with the roomy capacity, makes this a great option for those looking for a long-haul bag.
There are a few issues that we would be remiss without mentioning, though. The first is that there is no frame. Though this is not a deal-breaker for everyone, it may be an issue for those who have back issues, as the frame helps with balancing the weight.
Other than that, the shoulder straps are also a point of contention for some. If you have a long torso, the short straps may not be able to be adjusted to the perfect comfort level.
- The bag is crafted with sturdy materials
- It is designed with multiple layers
- The bag is crafted with extra padding for enhanced comfort
- This model offers plenty of room in the interior
- The materials used in its construction are water-resistant
- Some may have a problem with the lack of frame
- There are issues with the length of the shoulder straps (too short for some)
Camelbak BFM Backpack
This backpack is designed using military specs to ensure it can stand up to anything you throw at it. The Camelbak BFM is perfect for those long weekend excursions into the great outdoors.
- Crafted in 500D Cordura fabric
- Interior nylon lining (210D)
- Machine washable
- Hydration bladder compatible (3L)
- Capacity: 48L – 51L
The Camelbak BFM is a great option for the more serious survivalist or outdoor lover. This is because it is rugged and designed to military specs. The backpack is crafted with a ton of compartments and pockets so that the adventurer can ensure that it is organized and easy to maneuver.
To heighten the organizational capability, the backpack was designed with a MOLLE system. When it comes to comfort, the best thing about this band is the breathable back padding. This will ensure that the wearer not only is supported but can also stay dry as they trek that mountain.
With that being said, there are a few drawbacks that you should be aware of before making your final decision on which military backpack is right for you. If you are looking for a day pack, this bag is just a little too big for that, so take a look at one of your other options.
The other big drawback is the price. If you are an adventurer on a budget, then you may also want to look at one of our other options.
- It is designed with military specs when it comes to durability
- The backpack comes with tons of pockets and good load capacity
- This model is fitted with a MOLLE system
- It comes in three color choices
- It is crafted with breathable back padding
- This bag is not a good choice for a day pack
- Some may find the price a bit steep
Pans Tactical Backpack
The next military backpack we will be looking at is so versatile that you don’t have to be an outdoors person to invest in it. With an expandable capacity and a whole slew of nice features, the Pan Tactical Backpack was an easy choice for our list.
- Comes in multiple colors (x9)
- Built-in MOLLE system
- Capacity – 64L
- Removable hip belt
- Weight – 2 lbs.
- Dimensions – 21” x 14.5” x 8”
This large capacity military backpack is nicely designed and features attributes that every outdoor enthusiast will love. It is crafted with several pockets in lightweight yet durable materials. This will give it an easier carry. Even with all that, though, the piece is still quite compact.
In order to give its wearer more organization and storage capacity, the designers included a MOLLE system in the design. To make the bag even more rugged and able to stand up to the rigors of outdoor life, the fabric used also gives the bag a bit of water resistance.
There are a few things that some might take fault with when it comes to the overall design. The back pad is not created with a breathable mesh. That means you may experience a sweaty back, and that may be uncomfortable for some.
Other than that issue, there is no padding on the hip belt. This also reduces the comfort level and wearability of the backpack.
- The backpack is designed with a nice number of pockets
- It is crafted with a built-in MOLLE system
- The fabric used in construction is water-resistant
- It is roomy yet still compact and lightweight
- This bag is designed with durable materials for a longer life
- There is no breathable mesh on the back
- There is a lack of padding on the hip belt
Bear KompleX Tactical Backpack
Are you looking for a great backpack for your hiking or backpacking trips? The Bear KompleX Tactical Backpack is crafted with design features that are perfect for any occasion.
- Available in multiple colors (x6)
- Crafted in 1000D nylon
- Dimensions – 24” x 13” x 10”
- MOLLE system
- Contoured yoke strap
- Fleece-lined pockets
This backpack from Bear KompleX is rugged, well-designed, and looks cool, too. Often with outdoor equipment, you have to choose between form and function, but that doesn’t seem to be the case with this backpack. It is made with durable 1000D nylon and is finished with heavy-duty stitching.
Along with that, the capacity of the bag (whether you choose the full size or the mini) gives you plenty of room for everything you need. The backpack includes a MOLLE system in its layout and plenty of compartments to ensure you stay organized.
This backpack is nice, but there are some issues to be discussed. The lack of a hip belt lessens the comfort and ability of the unit to help distribute the weight of the pack evenly. Other than that, the price is a little steep for some. If you are working with a tight budget, you may want to check out another option.
- This bag is crafted with heavy-duty material and stitching
- The backpack is designed with a nice amount of storage capacity
- The shoulder straps are padded and comfortable
- It is designed with multiple compartments for enhanced organization
- The fabric used offers water resistance
- Some may find the price a little steep
- There are issues with the lack of a hip belt
N2 70l Military Backpack
The last military backpack on our list comes with large capacity and many other amazing design features. It is perfect to be used as a bugout bag or for that weekend camping trip.
- Made of 900D oxford fabric and water resistant material
- Main storage bag with drawstrings that can expand the pack
- Adjustable chest and waist belt
- Dimensions – 13.4” x 6.7” x 8.75”
- Capacity: 70L-80L
- Weight – 2.86 lbs.
- Oversized zippers
This bag has a lot going for it, including its versatility. If you are looking for a simple day bag or need something for a longer excursion, it is large enough to carry most of stuff you need during long travel. The backpack is crafted in such a way that the capacity can increase from 70 liters to 80 liters easily. This is what gives it that enhanced adaptability.
On top of that, all the additional components, like straps and zippers, are of the highest quality. This improves the durability of the backpack, which is important in a rigged setting. We also appreciate the high level of organization that is available when using this bag.
Even though we have included this backpack on our list, there are still some things we found an issue with. The first of these is the hip belt. The length of the belt limits its usability for those who are larger in frame or carry a lot of their weight in the midsection. This can make the backpack uncomfortable.
The only other detail that we think is worth mentioning is that there are no compartments inside. This takes away some organization points.
- The backpack is designed for versatility of use
- It is ventilated and has an ergonomic back panel for improved comfort
- This model is fitted with a well-designed organization system
- It is crafted with durable zippers, straps, etc.
- It is made from water resistant material
- There are no compartments inside
- The hip strap is a little short
There they are! After looking at all the attributes we talked about in the opening of this review, we found these five models to be the best military backpacks available today.